It is hard for us to believe that just over 7 years ago the dream of two avid home brewers became true with the opening of Rip Current Brewing Company. Since 2012, we have explored beer styles from around the world while never loosing our focus on creating the most flavorful hoppy, malty, sour and barrel-aged beers we can produce.
On Saturday February 15th, we wish to thank all of our loyal patrons with our Anniversary Celebration event at both locations. This celebration recognizes both our 7th anniversary of producing and sharing beer in San Marcos and our 5th year serving those brews in North Park! We will have an amazing line-up of barrel-aged gems from our cellar complemented with several fresh limited release hoppy beers for you hopheads.
We will be releasing three new packaged beers at the event:
- 500ml bottles of Barrel-aged Vanilla Storm (Kona Coffee, Madagascar Vanilla Bean Imperial Porter aged 33 months in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels)
- 375ml bottles of Wine Barrel-aged Blonde Sour (multi-culture lacto, pedio, brett golden sour)
- 6x12oz cans of Lupulin Hazed Hazy Double IPA
Each of the new beers will be available on tap along with a slightly different vintage barrel-aged line-ups and many of your favorites at each location. As a sneak peak for what you can expect to enjoy, we will have the following beers on tap (while supplies last):
- 2020 Bourbon Barrel-aged Vanilla Storm (Coffee, Vanilla Imperial Porter)
- 2020 Wine barrel-aged Blonde Sour (very limited, single barrel, non-fruited sour)
- 2019 Bourbon Barrel-aged Black Lagoon Scottish Strong
- 2018 Bourbon Barrel-aged Down the Line Barleywine
- 2018 Bourbon Barrel-aged No Hope for Rescue Double Imperial Stout
- 2018 Wine barrel-aged Apricot Sour
- Plus several other barrel-aged goodies we will announce via social media
We also have some amazing hoppy beers to share for you. We will be pouring a new batch of Caught in a Rip Triple IPA and Lupulin Hazed Hazy Double IPA. Both of these beers will be available in 12oz cans while supplies last. Note that Caught in a Rip will release the day before the party giving you a good excuse to visit us twice!
We also will have recent batches of a number of seasonal or year round beers including the return of Riding Giants Coffee Imperial Porter.
No advanced ticket purchases are necessary. We will be open during regular business hours at both locations for the event. Be sure to ask about the special event discount package that consists of multiple drink tickets and the limited release 7th Anniversary glass!